For setting up your HP printer on any kind of smart device including computers and Smartphones you will need to download the ideal drivers for your HP printer. These drivers can be downloaded by selecting the correct model before the initiation of downloading this software. However below are the points that you must remember before beginning to set up your HP printer –
- Always make sure that your printer is turned on at the time of setup and it is also connected with the same Wi-Fi network with which your system is connected. This can be easily done by enabling the Wi-Fi button on the printer to make it available on the network.
- You should also check your Firewall settings before setting up to make sure that it will not block the printer driver.
To set up your printer with 123.hp.com and connected to the router on a wireless setup you need to follow the following instructions –
- Firstly, you will need to turn on your wireless printer and use the touch screen display on the printer to set up your printer to the wireless network.
- On the touch screen click on the setup button and select the network option from the menu.
- After this click on the wireless network setup Wizard from the network menu. This will then initiate the search for the wireless network routers available in the range of the printer. You will need to select your network from the list of available networks.
- Enter your WPA passphrase for your network and then press on after this you will need to click on Ok confirm yourself and you will need to click on Ok a second time to print the wireless test report.
This way your printer will be e setup with your wireless network and will work smoothly.
Read Also: “How to troubleshoot your canon printer?“
To set up your printer with Windows you will need to follow the following instruction –
- First of all turn on your printer to initiate the process of setting up.
- Now connect your HP printer with your Wi-Fi router. The steps for this process are mention in the previous set of instructions.
- Now go to the 123.hp.com setup website and download the drivers as per the HP printer model you want to set up.
- After you have finished you will need to go to the folder where the drivers have been saved. Double click on the driver and then a series of steps will appear on the screen. Follow these easy-to-follow steps to set up drivers for your system.
- After you have completed the setup you will need to follow the following respects to add the printer to your PC –
- You will need to find the control panel and select the device and printer option from it.
- A small window with a where you will find an option to add a printer. You will need to select this option and click on the next button to continue.
- A tab from where you can select your printers will appear you will need to select your HP printer and click on the next button to continue.
- Wait for few seconds to let your HP wireless printer that connected with the computer.
Here your wireless printer setup is complete on Windows with the help of 123.hp.com setup.
If You Want to set up your HP printer with Mac you will need to follow the following steps –
- First of all, make sure that your printer is on.
- Then connect your HP printer with your wireless router as mentioned in the above processes.
- Download the ideal printer drivers from the website 123.hp.com setup for Mac Operating System
- After the drivers are download double-click on these drivers to begin their installation.
- After they have been install continue with the next step of reading your printer in the mac.
- You will need to visit the Apple select system and preferences.
- Now double click on the printer and scanner option.
- Please check the box present in front of your HP printer.
- A new screen will appear and it will display your printer’s model number. You will need to select it and click on add button to finish your setup on the Mac Operating system.
Also Read :